Hello my lovelies!
This idea is something I came up after reading about the booktube-a-thon. I didn’t feel like the booktube-a-thon was as accessible for us bloggers (even though I know they say anyone can do it).
I figured we could use something that is our own and something that we as a cohesive unit of bloggers could add to and host on our blogs.
My whole plan for this read-a-thon is to base it off of a BINGO sheet. This sheet will have a lot of different options for what your book should include – and after reading said book during the read-a-thon, you will be able to cross that square off of your BINGO sheet.
Obviously the point of the read-a-thon is to challenge yourself and read as much as you can, and there is no pressure to read a certain amount of books during it. That being said, if you are able to make a straight line through the sheet (like any game of BINGO) you can consider yourself done the read-a-thon.
If you want you can make more than one line, or have a competition with a couple of your friends in which you see who can complete the most lines. It is really up to you.
Other than the BINGO card – I would also like to have a couple blogs that would host a couple book-ish games on their blogs.
If you would like to be a host for this read-a-thon please comment down below!
I will be hosting a game on my blog called Cast your Book. In this game you will create a blog post casting one of the novels you read during the read-a-thon. You must cast every major character in the novel and explain why you decided to pick that actor/actress.
If you host one of the games you have full creative license to pick whichever game you like.
- This read-a-thon will take place every couple months. I will post a tweet one month in advance to the read-a-thon on the official twitter account @wwreadathon
- There is no limit to hosts – if you are going to host, please post tag every post on twitter with #wwreadathon and @wwreadathon.
- If you are participating – also tag #wwreadathon and @wwreadathon in your Tweet about your post!
- Don’t harass any hosts – let’s keep this a kind community.
- Read-A-Thon will last one week – you can come and go as you please.
- Follow this blog and this Twitter for any official updates on the read-a-thon.
This post will be updated with any changes – but as for now this is about all I have so far! Please comment down below with any ideas and whether you’d like to host for an upcoming read-a-thon!
Thank you so much for reading!
Until next time,